Local Guides World


118 reviews on 1 places
This is a nice monument in Volksgarten. It was inaugurated in 1889 and features a seated figure of Austrian writer and poet Franz Grillparzer, seated in a Neo-classical niche with columns and impediment. Behind is a decorative, curved wall fitted with scenes from his various plays. It is one of the more interesting monuments to view while spending time at Volksgarten.
City Gallery
2023 Aug 06
The City Gallery is a multi-floor facility with exhibition space dedicated to the history of city planning and urban development of Hong Kong. Exhibits are educational and interesting.

Presently, there is a much relevant exhibition on the G/F for the proposed New Town of San Tin Technopole which is under consideration for being developed near the mainland border, showing how the township will be designed, laid out and eventually built for a future community in the northern border area of Hong Kong.
Busto de Augusto Rosa
2023 Jun 13
This is a bust monument of Portuguese actor Augusto Rosa (1852-1918) in the small square in front of Lisbon Cathedral (Sé da Lisboa) and across from the Church of St. Anthony in the Alfama District.

The bust is of a middle-aged Rosa resting his chin in his right hand. It rests upon a 1.75 metre tall marble pedestal with engraving of the actor's name and mention of the council that seems to have erected this monument in 1925. It is an interesting monument to see in between your visits to the two important churches.
Polk Bros Park
2023 May 21
This is an urban park that serves as a Green Front Door to the Navy Pier in Chicago.

You will find a large circular fountain, park benches, nicely landscaped flowerbeds as well as a couple monuments, including the Captain at the Helm monument as well as a sculpture of a group of children playing. The park extends north of the Navy Pier linking up with the Adams Memorial Park and Milton Lee Olive Park to create a sizeable green space and leisure area. It is also transected by the Lakeshore Trail that skirts the shore of Lake. Michigan.
Water Tower Place
2023 May 19
Water Tower Place is a good shopping complex on N. Michigan Ave. named after the historic Water Tower located just across the street. They have a fair range of retail shops and eateries as well as the Chicago Sports Museum on the 8th floor.